The mission of the Chamber is to create a healthy business climate which allows for the whole community to thrive. Like most stewards of the community, we are working to leave a better place for the next generation; but we believe the best way to ensure success is to get the next generation involved NOW.
The Fresno Chamber of Commerce Junior Board is designed to be that outlet. This group will be composed of high school students who share an interest in promoting the community and business prosperity through advocacy and network development.
Mission of the Junior Board
The mission of the Junior Board is to learn how to become leaders in sustaining the business environment and affect change in their schools, neighborhoods and community.
What do Junior Board Members do?
- Learn how to conduct meetings, outreach, public speaking, group decision-making.
- Develop project ideas, project management and implementation
- Learn about the community of Fresno and the businesses within
Benefits of being a Junior Board Member:
- Gain a high quality, organized, and focused volunteer experience
- Learn to collaborate with city governments and other agencies
- Learn how to lead and follow for community betterment
What is the time commitment?
- Nine months starting in September and ending in May. Included are attending the following (all meetings are to be held at the Fresno Chamber of Commerce office located at 2331 Fresno Street, Fresno, CA 93721):
- Monthly board meetings held the 4th Monday at 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
Who can apply?
- Young people between the ages of 14-19 who live in Fresno County and:
- Are interested in helping their communities
- Want to learn about leadership development, action planning and group decision-making
- Like working in groups, expressing opinions, and having fun
Applications are due Friday, September 7th by 11:59 p.m. May be submitted by mail, email or fax.
By Mail: Fresno Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Junior Board
2331 Fresno Street
Fresno, CA 93721
By email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org