The most important factor in selection is identifying those individuals most apt to utilize their experience in this program for the long-term benefit of the Fresno community. In reviewing applications, the Leadership Fresno Steering Committee looks for candidates who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A genuine commitment, motivation and interest to serve our community
- Potential for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization
- Willingness and ability to make the time commitment required by the program
- Ability to work cooperatively with their fellow class participants on a class project
- A desire to seek appointments to community boards, commissions or key volunteer leadership positions
The Steering Committee will be seeking participation from varied ethnic, minority, age, gender and industry groups to represent a cross-section of the community. Participants should be active in business, and/or professional, educational, governmental, artistic, cultural, religious, service or community organizations. Retired individuals are also considered.
Note: If you are accepted into the program and then resign prior to the orientation, a refund of tuition can be provided, less the costs of the orientation and retreat. If you resign after orientation, no refund will be provided.
Partial scholarships are available from the Leadership Fresno Alumni Association to qualified applicants. The maximum scholarship is one-half (1/2) the cost of the tuition. Unfortunately, there may not be a sufficient number of scholarships available to be awarded to all candidates who request assistance